Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Talent Show @ BMS



Ok, so we had a little bit of talent show drama...would you expect anything different?  Well, I will start off by saying that a couple of weeks ago, Meagan, and her friend, tried out for the talent show (yes I said try out).  We had to wait a week, to see if they were going to be "invited" to perform.  YES! She came home with the invitation, and was soooo excited!  They had practice at school the afternoon before the talent show.  She calls and says, "mama, Samantha has the flu, and can't perform"....WHAT?  I go into panic mode!  The sponsor asked her if she could do any other type of dance, and Meagan says, "yes, I have mad tapping skills", really?  So, the sponsor was impressed, and said she could tap in the show.  One problem, we have no tap routine prepared for the show! (the next morning).  So, she comes home and starts working on it, and decides she is going to tap to "yea Alabama".  I thought that was an awesome idea.  That's where her brain stopped working!  Good thing good ole Mom still has dancing knowledge in her head.  That's right!  Mom came through with a tap routine!  I was almost as shocked as she was!  So, I made her a shirt, and Maddie accessorized her up!  She did GREAT!!!  She was also asked to do a lyrical number with a friend that is older....needless to say, she was overjoyed!  She did so good in both numbers, and I am so glad that Buddy and I got to go and see her perform.  Great job Meagan!



No comments: