Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy February!

Happy February everyone!  I hope everyone is having a fabulous new year.  Things are crazy around here as usual.  We all made it through Christmas...  Had such a great time in GA with the family!  I have to say, though, I am very glad it's over, lol.  Well, I have turned another year older, and so far, not too bad...M&M have started the competition season of dance.  They are doing "What You Want" from Legally Blonde the musical.  I have to say it's the cutes thing I have ever seen.  Meagan, as Elle, is amazing!  I know I'm partial, but I am still in shock, and they performed weeks ago.  We also have a very proud Daddy!  Maddie was nothing less than spectacular too!  We are so proud of them, and I know I say it a lot, but we are very fortunate for the wonderful teachers/leaders at M.A.D.  It's an honor to be a part of their vision!  The M.A.D. Dancers received Gold ratings at their first competition.  They were ECSTATIC!!!  M&M said it was their favorite so far.  Guess it doesn't hurt when there are some famous "So You Think You Can Dance" teachers/judges at the workshops. 


Before the 1st Competition


Meagan was in her first middle school pageant.  OMG!  She was absolutely beautiful.  She was definitely the crowd favorite, and one of the judges came up to her after and said she was her favorite.... She did really well, and could not have done a thing any better. It was really strange the two of them being split up this year because of being at different schools.  Kudos to ME, this year we tried something different, and I did Meagan's hair and makeup.  She was just stunning!  Not hard when you are working with such a beautiful young lady!  I love you Meagan!!!  You did an awesome job!!!  You will always be my baby though!



Maddie's pageant is February 18th!  She is sooo excited.  We went and looked at dresses.  The wonderful Mrs. Thrasher where we get our dresses, had just go in a dress just like Meagan's in Maddie's size.  Well, she fell in love....  She will be so beautiful!  I can't wait!






A lot of exciting things going on with McDiva Designs.  Trying to get more organized in the new year.  Last year was so hectic, that I had a hard time keeping up.  I have tried to update the blog, and I am proud to say that we are working on an Etsy store, and maybe a FB page.  I'll let you know when it's up and running.  It may take me a bit to get it all together...haha...famous last words!!!  We do have a "logo/theme" for McDiva.  Not so generic anymore, yay!



Wish me luck with this....we'll see how it goes.  I am working on Valentine's designs and spring/Easter right now.  I'll post as soon as I get some done!



No comments: