Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Madelyn!!! 9 Years...


Madelyn Clare Wilson entered our world on August 26, 2000 @ 4:12 pm 10lbs. 1oz. 21 1/4in. She was born @ Northside Hospital in Atlanta, GA. She was a surprise! Madelyn wasn't due until the end of September, but arrived early due to me not tolerating pregnancy. I had been in and out of the hospital just about her entire pregnancy very sick and stopping labor. After several days of contractions, high blood pressure, and bad headaches, we once again called the Dr. because I wasn't feeling well. So, we were summoned to head to the hospital to make sure everything was OK. This time was different. We were taken to a birthing suite instead of the "lock down" unit. Was looking forward to getting checked out and heading home. Mom and Granny were cooking spaghetti, and I was hungry! So we went through the drill...hospital gown and hook up to the monitors, "Dr. will be here in a few minutes"...lalala. Buddy breaks out into song and dance, "we're gonna have a baby today". I told him, he must be delirious, we weren't ready. So, in comes Dr. Richmond. He takes one look at me ( guess I looked more rough than normal), and said "it's time to get this baby out, and for you to not be miserable". I said, "what? when?". He says in about an hour....uh, I started crying and I told him, "My family can't get anywhere in an hour. They'll never make it!" So after the shock wore off, and Dr. Richmond and the anesthesiologist got together, they said it would be better to wait a couple of hours because I had eaten breakfast. Buddy then called my family, and I'm sure it looked like a tornado was coming at the apartment. I think I heard them say over the phone..."today? like a few hours?". I was so excited and scared all at the same time. They all made it right before they took me to the OR (another C-Section). I got to kiss my precious Meagan before she was to meet her new sister. Because of my diabetes, breakfast, and taking an insulin shot the day of delivery, Madelyn's sugar was dropping. It would not stay up where they liked it to be. She went straight to the NICU to be monitored. I got to see her in recovery, and bless her little heart, she had ate like an ounce and a half while she was down there. She came out HUNGRY.....I was too! She never got to come into the room with me. She stayed in the NICU until she came home. I actually had to leave before her a couple of nights. That was NOT fun!!! She finally stabilized her sugars, and came home 2 days later than me. It was a whirlwind day. Madelyn has been such a blessing. She is still taking the world by storm. She is her own person, and I couldn't be more proud of her. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home. Madelyn, we love you so much, and could not be more proud of you!!!!! Happy 9Th Birthday!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: